Explore Salt Lake City before heading out to Capitol Reef, Bryce and Zion, then drop down to the Grand Canyon and Sedona in Arizona. Finish your trip by traveling to Arches, and Canyonlands before landing in Park City. Enter to win Dec. 17, 2020 – Feb 23, 2021.
Here’s the Trip We Planned for You!
NatGeo Map Package
You’ll never lose your way on this trip thanks to NatGeo Maps and Books. The winner will receive detailed waterproof and tear-resistant trail maps of Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands and Grand Canyon national parks, plus the Atlas of National Parks and the Guide to National Parks. Plan hikes, scenic drives and more.
Start: Salt Lake City
- 3-night, one room stay at a downtown Salt Lake City hotel
- Two 3-day Salt Lake Connect Passes valid for discounts at 16 Salt Lake City area attractions – OR – two 2-day Ski City Super Passes
- Two Salt Lake Brewery Tour Passes valid at 14 breweries
- Prizes must be booked directly with Visit Salt Lake
- View more information at VisitSaltLake.com
Capitol Reef National Park
- 1-night, one room stay at the Broken Spur Inn near Capitol Reef National Park. Enjoy an up-close view of the unique and remarkable canyon lands from every room at the motel. (Subject to blackout dates and based on availability)
- View more information at BrokenSpurInn.com
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks
- 1-night, one room stay at Ruby’s Inn at the entrance to Bryce Canyon National Park and a convenient drive to Zion National Park. (Blackout dates may apply)
- View more information at www.rubysinn.com
- 1-night stay at Comfort Inn Flagstaff (based on availability, must be booked three weeks in advance)
- Flagstaff is the pickup town for your Wildland Trekking Grand Canyon Tour
- View more information at www.comfortinn.com/hotel/az080
3-Day Grand Canyon South Rim Hiking Tour with Lodging hosted by Wildland Trekking
You’ve made it to the Grand Canyon, the halfway point of your trip! Wildland Trekking will host three days of active adventure during the day and a comfy hotel at night.
Highlights include three challenging day hikes whose locations span over thirty miles of the South Rim, a “sprinkled in” tour of the best Grand Canyon museums and visitor attractions, a sunset dinner on the rim prepared by your guide (weather permitting), a memorable dinner at the famous El Tovar Hotel, and cozy lodging at a hotel ten minutes from the edge of the Canyon.
See the official rules for available dates to choose from.
- 1-night, one room stay at Sky Rock Inn Sedona (subject to blackout dates and based on availability)
- Jeep tour for two people with Alcantara Adventures
- For more information, go to visitsedona.com
Arches and Canyonlands National Parks
- 2-night, one room stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Moab
- View more information at www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cnymohw-homewood-suites-moab/
Park City, Utah
- 1-night stay in a Deluxe Studio Condominium at Silver King (valid until November 24, 2021)
- Rafting Trip for two or Snowshoe trip for two with All Seasons Adventures
- Four Summer Activity Passes to the Utah Olympic Park
- View more information at VisitParkCity.com
Here’s where our road trip ends. Drive to the airport in Salt Lake City for the flight home (36 miles)
2020 Winner: Steve Verse from Sturgis, Mich.
2019 Winner: Donald Poole from Colorado Springs, Colo.
2018 Winner: Ryan Meinhart of Phoenix, Ariz.
2016 Winner: Cynthia Dunphy of Cincinnati, Ohio
2015 Winner: Raven Bailey from Idabel, Okla.